- Clearing Spaces a Project Made Possible by Rachael...
- Celebrating Our Senses - Mindfulness and Wellbeing Walks
- Marking Our Tracks - Further Afield - Songs For Quiet Steps - Empty Church Walks
- Singing Ringing
- Marking A Fine Line Mosaic Way Marker Project 2012 / 2013
- New Vistas / Wider Horizons, October 2011
- Back to Books and Invisible Threads
- Tara Badcock's Invisible Threads
- Carole Miles's Invisible Threads
Monday, 14 August 2017
Carolyn leading our mindfulness meditation
After closing our eyes, focussing on breathing
we became more relaxed in our den-like woodland space
Carole brought out materials for intervention
inviting us to choose three different coloured paper circles which we cut and decorated then shaped and pieced together to create flower forms.
We added them to garden sticks and moved logs and twigs to create a secret garden to planted our paper flowers.
Mindfulness Secret Garden
We discussed how we sometimes felt
and turned our backs on our troubles
We had permission to leave the flowers for others to find and we headed off to explore other parts of the park
We discovered one of the many intriguing carved wooden sculptures on the Story Trail that punctuates the park walking trails.
Just beyond this point we discovered an Owl
We asked him to direct us to a good place for our picnic, he made no reply but we did find a sheltering tree just before the rain came. We didn't mind getting a little damp as the walk had give us a hearty appetite! Below are links to some of he things we discovered.
Mysterious twisty tree
A path to the trees
Further information about the Park, cafe, workshops and events plus volunteering opportunities follow the link