Sunday 15 April 2012

To the Brampton Book Group


Recently I was contacted by Richard Davies and thought I would share his email with you

"Dear Carole Miles
Please forgive a message from a complete stranger, but I have noted your  connection with the Brampton Book Group through Back to Books and see from the website that there has been a recent visit to Adlestrop.
I have just self-published a short novel entitled 'After Adlestrop'  and I would like to draw the attention of the Group to its existence. 
I have published 'After Adlestrop' as an e-book which is available through Amazon. It will shortly be available as a paperback from www.feedaread.com and  through booksellers. 

The following synopsis I think gives the flavour of the story:

Edward Thomas composed a memorable poem about the express train that he was travelling on in June 1914 which made an unscheduled stop at a remote Oxfordshire station called Adlestrop. He wrote that 'no one came and no-one went' but, unbeknownst to him, a girl called Diana Pink, who was on her way to stay with a relative whom she hated, took the opportunity to get off and go in search of another life. Seventy years later, knowing that she is dying, she writes an account of the extraordinary life she was able to lead having taken that fateful step - a life that encompassed a friendship with an aristocratic family, service with the FANY in France during World War 1, marriage to a Frenchman, whose children she bore, widowhood, a love affair with a battle of Britain pilot and work with SOE. In the process she killed two men - one who was attacking her closest friend, the other the man who betrayed her daughter to the Gestapo. She was a remarkable woman - brave, passionate and blessed with extraordinary good luck. Her story is exciting, moving and uplifting.
I do hope you can put me in touch with the Brampton Book Group.
If you want to know more about me please go to www.richarddavieswrites.co.uk
Best wishes


Richard Davies"

PS: I love the pictures on your website - colourful and intriguing"

No comments:

Post a Comment